10 Tips for a Successful Bathroom Remodel
A stunning and well-designed bathroom can add immense value to your home while providing added comfort in one of your family’s most-used spaces. Whether you are tired of an outdated look or simply need more storage, a renovation project doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Signature Flooring has been helping individuals and families coordinate bathroom remodels long enough to know the major do’s and don’ts of remodeling. Here are 10 tips our designers consider to make projects fun and stress-free.
- Design for function: A beautiful bathroom doesn’t have to compromise functionality. The Signature team designs layouts that meet your family’s needs and habits. From vanity heights to shower fixtures, pay attention to the details that make your bathroom uniquely yours.
- Select finishes that complement one another: So your eye is drawn to that vibrant mosaic tile and your new bathroom won’t be complete without it. It is a good rule of thumb to work around more eye-catching pieces with neutral finishes. If you don’t have an eye for design, ask your remodeling team to make suggestions.
- Maximize your storage: Whether it is a kid’s bathroom or a master retreat, investing in extra storage always pays off. Not only does storage make everyday living more convenient, it boosts your resale value. Think about cabinets, shelves, and a new vanity with extra counter space.
- Choose durable surfaces: Bathrooms tend to take a beating. In addition to high traffic, they withstand a variety of temperatures and humidity levels. Keep this in mind when choosing your materials. Tile is a popular option because it is durable and easy to clean. Today’s options even include tiles that look like wood and other popular finishes.
- Hire skilled labor: Going DIY is not always the best way to maximize a budget, as tackling tasks beyond your skill level can result in unanticipated costs and a prolonged project. Budget for a skilled and experienced team with a track record of providing affordable materials and quality workmanship.
- Don’t neglect your lighting: If you want your hand-picked finishes to really shine, lighting must be a priority. From stylish fixtures to energy-efficient bulbs, it is important to include this in your design strategy. For added ambiance, consider installing a dimmer.
- Design around your plumbing: Creating a design that keeps your plumbing in place will save you big-time. For some, moving plumbing is non-negotiable, but consider ways to conceal your toilet with a small wall or other design element before committing to the added labor.
- Splurge on a few luxurious touches: Your bathroom project needs to be budget friendly. Still, choose one or two items you love to splurge on and pinch pennies in other areas. Whether it is a high-end tile floor or a gorgeous granite vanity top, the value of your home will surely be increased.
- Consider floor transitions: Most people choose tile for their bathroom floor. In many cases, the connecting room or hallway is outfitted with hardwood, laminate, or carpet. It is important to create a proper transition between these materials to avoid an unsightly segue.
- Enjoy the process: Many people think of renovation projects as stressful, but with proper planning and the right team of professionals, you can actually enjoy seeing your dream design come together. It doesn’t have to take forever — the Signature Flooring team can have you back in your bathroom in a matter of days, not weeks.
Let’s Talk About Your Project
The bathroom you’ve always wanted may be more affordable than you think. Signature Flooring can coordinate the entire remodeling process and offers affordable services, high-quality materials, and a team of friendly professionals who get the job done fast. Designers start by helping homeowners select the ideal materials and options. With complete ordering and installation of flooring, countertops, fixtures, cabinets, and lighting, we take the hassle out of dealing with contractors or multiple points of contact.
Give us a call today at (919) 304-3010 or request more info. We look forward to hearing from you.